Nov 19, 2022
In this ep, Rebecca and Brooke review New York Times
crossword puzzles from 11/9/22 - 11/12/22.
- The first-ever, no-details-necessary, void-where-prohibited
Crossnerds challenge: ⭐
Guess Our Zodiac Signs! ⭐️ Tweet us @Crossnerds or message us to play.
- "Reduplicative names" puzzles
- "Reduplicative": redundant?
- Repeated clues: ALLOWED!
- Non-semantic themes
- Two takes on GOTTI
- Things that don't look like boats
- Reverse reveals
- The grammar of adverbs (disjuncts, e.g. "Hopefully...")
- Evocativeness in clues
- What sound owls make (hint: it is not "PEEP")
Enjoying "Crossnerds"? Give
us five ⭐️s in Spotify! Comment in Apple Podcasts! @ us on
Twitter! Support us on Patreon! Or just keep
listening. Or all. Ideally all. But we'll take any. Please and